Paragon Publishing Inc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A resource for original games, stories, artwork, and other creative pursuits.

2 posters

Setting an Agenda

lordrahvin
    lordrahvin
    Paragon
    Paragon

Coins : 161

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    Setting an Agenda Left_bar_bleue3/10Setting an Agenda Empty_bar_bleue  (3/10)
    Lore:
    Setting an Agenda Left_bar_bleue5/10Setting an Agenda Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
    Music:
    Setting an Agenda Left_bar_bleue2/10Setting an Agenda Empty_bar_bleue  (2/10)

Setting an Agenda Empty Setting an Agenda

Post  lordrahvin Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:36 am

I was recently asked when we are going to go "live" with the site. My current expectation is sometime in January, 2010. Here is a guideline of the content I would like to have ready:

1) I would like the "character sheet" issues that we are having to be solved.
    2) I would like to be able to use the apostrophe key in this embedded forum.
    3) I would like at least 20 gaming articles posted up, and 10 articles on each of the other subjects - with an emphasis on how to create content or the virtues of collaboration.
    4) At least 20% of the articles should be written by us.
    5) I would like two workable "Paragon Games" ready. They do not have to be finished, but they should be at least to the point where they can be played in the forums.
    6) I would like 5 songs posted up that can be freely re-distributed and hosted in our storage space.
    7) I would like a gallery of at least 30 public domain or creative commons licensed artwork samples spread out in at least 3 galleries.

To accomplish some of these goals, we may have to jump servers, but we will see what we can do with what we have.

I miss my apostrophes.
    Silverwolfmoon
    Silverwolfmoon
    Paragon
    Paragon

Coins : 143

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    Lore:
    Music:

Setting an Agenda Empty Re: Setting an Agenda

Post  Silverwolfmoon Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:51 am

lordrahvin wrote:I was recently asked when we are going to go "live" with the site. My current expectation is sometime in January, 2010.

Speaking as one of the contributors I want to work hard and see if we can beat this--but let's see. The holidays can tend to bog things down.

Here is a guideline of the content I would like to have ready:

1) I would like the "character sheet" issues that we are having to be solved.
    2) I would like to be able to use the apostrophe key in this embedded forum.
    I'm not positive but I think these are forum programming issues (not us setting it up wrong). You drive a hard bargain mister! Can we put these at the end of the list maybe?

3) I would like at least 20 gaming articles posted up, and 10 articles on each of the other subjects - with an emphasis on how to create content or the virtues of collaboration.
    4) At least 20% of the articles should be written by us.
    I'm working on this along with inviting folks who can contribute. My weird question is that if folks come to help us and contribute ... is not the site live? : - ) Anyway...yes sir.

5) I would like two workable "Paragon Games" ready. They do not have to be finished, but they should be at least to the point where they can be played in the forums.
    Well we once this is a little more set up let's work on BoomTown...and you could pick either Northern Kingdom or Extinction Wars--or maybe you and the barber dude could collaberate. I hear he's good.

6) I would like 5 songs posted up that can be freely re-distributed and hosted in our storage space.
    7) I would like a gallery of at least 30 public domain or creative commons licensed artwork samples spread out in at least 3 galleries.
    May I be even more ambitious? I'd like to see some CREATED art, a few songs written maybe--and let's not forget poetry and stories (though I think they might be easier to fill) . We invite people who invite people because we are gamers and artists in our own way. So yep--as a bit of a challenge I say let's get some CREATION on here too.

YAY Setting an Agenda Icon_cheers ... we have goals!!

To accomplish some of these goals, we may have to jump servers, but we will see what we can do with what we have.

One step we can do next is to go to www.paragonpublishinginc.com -- then we can get server space that will take this site and forum.
    lordrahvin
    lordrahvin
    Paragon
    Paragon

Coins : 161

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    Lore:
    Music:

Post  lordrahvin Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:41 am

We do not have a maximum number of character sheets, so that issue is "solved".
    (I simply misunderstood the information that was supplied.)

So we can have up to 1 character sheet per member.
    All the various RPGs and such will have to use this same record sheet, so we'll want to keep things fairly simple.

Only admins can now make changes to character sheets, and so can one member that we specify as the Games Master. (notice the plural there)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:50 am